The Homeopathic Midwife
Professional Training Program
The focus of The Homeopathic Midwife is experiential learning, figuring out how to use homeopathic remedies during pregnancy, labour and postpartum. It is appropriate for anyone with a desire to learn. The program is specifically relevant for midwives and midwifery students. Homeopathy students and Naturopathic Doctors may also find this information beneficial if they are attending births in this capacity.
- The course consists of five modules.You will receive both written and audio versions.
- You will have email access to Piper Martin throughout the five months of the program
- Flexible scheduled Skype meetings once a month to discuss cases and ask questions.
- As you finish each section you will be asked to complete a clinical assignment to assess your assimilation of the material. The completion of these segments will result in a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the program.
Session One – Homeopathic Case Taking Skills
- Learn how to gather the information you need to prescribe accurately. This will be demonstrated in a variety of settings.
- Selection of dosage and potency, which homeopathic pharmacies to use and time frames for prescribing.
- Creation of a Homeopathic birth kit
- Homeopathic philosophy and development of language to have an effective informed choice discussion.
Session Two – Materia Medica aka Descriptions of the Remedies
- Remedies are divided into categories of plants, animals and minerals so that you may study the remedy descriptions with classification.
- Each remedy description is specifically oriented towards its use in pregnancy, labour and postpartum care.
- Information will be accompanied by relevant clinical notes and clues when possible so that the connection between the written description and the real life client can be made as easily as possible.
Session Three – Homeopathy for Pregnancy
- Common ailments of pregnancy that may benefit from homeopathic support are included in this segment. Symptoms such as morning sickness, dehydration, iron levels,acute illness and accidents are all covered, as well as emotional states such as anxiety and fear around upcoming births.
- Discussion will include treatment for previous birth trauma, VBAC women and sexual abuse survivors.
Session Four – Homeopathy for Labour
- Case taking in labour, how to translate what you observe into a remedy prescription.
- Homeopathic induction – so amazing!
- Homeopathic augmentation, remedies for first, second and third stage of labour – both physical and mental/emotional treatment.
Session Five – Homeopathic Postpartum Care
- Remedies for the immediate postpartum – retention of urine, shaking, dissociation etc.
- Homeopathic postpartum kit for the week following labour
- Using homeopathy to support breastfeeding – milk supply and mastitis treatment, anxiety regarding breastfeeding
- Birth trauma recovery and emotional support for mothers.
- Surgical healing
If you would like to register:
1. Fill out and submit the registration form below – send me an email if you have any questions about the program.
2. Fees for The Homeopathic Midwife Professional Training Program are as follows:
Registered Midwife $1500.00 CND
Midwifery Student $1200.00 CND
REGISTRATION FORM[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Mailing Address’ type=’textarea’/][contact-field label=’Skype Address’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Please Tell Me About Your Current Experience With Homeopathy’ type=’textarea’/][contact-field label=’I Am Currently A:’ type=’checkbox-multiple’ options=’Registered Midwife,Midwifery Student’/][contact-field label=’If you are a midwifery student, please state the name of your school and your student number ‘ type=’text’/][/contact-form]Thank you for this information. I will use it to contact you for ongoing support throughout the course and to mail you your certificate of completion at the end of the program.